As every month, NPD provides information on hardware and software sales in the video game world. Here are the results June 2016.
The total numbers:
Inspirational Story: Baker
- Hardware : $181.5 million to be one Decrease of 42% compared to June 2015
- Home console and portable gaming : 322 million dollars to be one 20% decrease compared to June 2015
- Physical and PC Steam sales : $27.8 million to be one 20% decrease compared to June 2015
- Accessories : $120.9 million to be one 20% decrease compared to June 2015
The sale includes that of physical stores and stores such as PlayStation Network, Xbox Live and Steam. NPD does not have data from stores like Origin or Uplay, nor does it have data from every publisher. We must therefore be aware that these figures provide a comprehensive overview of the health of the sector.
Compared to June 2015, the performance remains significantly lower because no title had as strong an impact last year as Batman Arkham KnightDue to the sleek versions and new, more powerful models, gamers may be reluctant to buy a device.
The analyst Liam Callahanindicate that it was so 1.8 million fewer games sold, $114 million less.
Mirror’s Edge Catalyst and Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens couldn’t keep up with The Dark Knight.
The most successful launch in June 2015 was Batman Arkham Knight, which sold five times more units and dollars than Lego’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
In terms of hardware, things don’t look much better for Callahan:
The 15% decrease in average prices and the 32% decrease in units resulted in a decrease of $181 million, a decrease of 42%. The current generation saw a decrease in sales of 43% or 117 million.
Now let’s see the ranking of games with the top 10:
- Overwatch (Battle.net sales excluded)
- Grand Theft Auto V
- Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Doom 2016 (excludes digital sales)
- Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (excluding digital sales)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III
- Target: the captured king
We told you that Sony’s PS4 continues to outperform the competition in the console space.
PS4 and Xbox One outperform their predecessors :
32 months after the launch of PS4 and Xbox One, the cumulative sales of both consoles exceed those of their predecessors at the same point in their life cycle by 40%.
Why does Overwatch 2 require a postpaid phone number? Postpaid phone numbers, explained
The biggest character changes in Overwatch 2 compared to Overwatch 1
Overwatch 2: Fake Free-to-Play? To unlock everything you will need to be rich or immortal
Overwatch 2: Everything you need to know about the Starwatch event
Overwatch 2: Invasion Season 6 Revealed: Dive into new missions, events, bundles and more
(Opinion) Overwatch: When Activision takes us to the suitcase
Overwatch 2: Blizzard has done a major spring cleaning
Overwatch 2: Lifeweaver is going to change the game
How does Overwatch 2 determine rank? Explain
What is the starting penalty for Overwatch 2? Answer
How old is D.Va in Overwatch 2? – replied
The new Overwatch 2 animated miniseries: a nostalgic trip to its origins
All characters in Overwatch Dating Sim LOVERWATCH
Is LOVERWATCH real? – Overwatch dating simulator
Overwatch 2 is finally stable, there are free gifts for players
Overwatch 2 finally works! A major update will prevent it from going down
Overwatch 2: Shortly before release, Blizzard loses a key development figure
An upcoming Overwatch anime miniseries will premiere on July 6th
What’s included in the Overwatch 2 Season 2 Battle Pass – All changes and additions
Overwatch 2: Unlock Christmas Skins
We played multiplayer!
5 million Metal Gear Solid V worldwide in one month
Microsoft wants Xbox 360 players to migrate to Xbox One
Sony is still working on PS Vita games
Shenmue 3: New Info and Screenshots!
Media Molecule confirms that Dreams will be compatible with PlayStation VR
November PlayStation Plus: The program is waiting for you
Zero Escape 3 will officially be called Zero Time Dilemma
No Man’s Sky: Problems with the PS4 version?
WRC 5 TEST
A first look at Dreams creation mode
REVIEW OF The Legend of Zelda Triforce Heroes
Uncharted 4 continues to reveal many details
Record attendance for Paris Games Week during the 2015 edition
Destiny: Micropayments are a hit
David Cage reveals more about Detroit Become Human
Cyberpunk 2077 will be completely different from The Witcher 3
Kojima Productions LA has reportedly shut down
Super Mario Maker has sold over 1.8 million games
Driveclub describes the contents of Update 1.24
Do you also use the PlayStation VR for standard games?
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 presents its season pass
Black Ops 3: A leaked video for the PS3 version
Xbox Live Deals: Promos of the Week Revealed
2Dark: Interview with Frédérick Raynal and Thierry Platon of Gloomywood
In your opinion, was Paris Games Week 2015 okay?
- Why families resist trying to pay for housing that already accounts for nearly 40% of their income, the highest since 2008
- Netflix announces that it has gained 9 million subscribers. The price then rises in three countries
- Air Europa is keeping the number of victims of its serious cyber attack secret two days after it was announced
- Nothing and no one stopped it, Starfield is unstoppable and has surpassed all games. It was September’s best seller in the United States
- He is 19 years old and traveled 4,000 miles to play in a $4 million tournament, but was disqualified without explanation before his first match
- This LEGO set brings together Batman and Joker from the 1989 film and is available on Amazon Mexico at a surprisingly affordable price
- Redeia launches comprehensive impact strategy “to create networks of the future”
- Lords of the Fallen features a mechanic that all Souls games, including FromSoftware adventures, must use
- NBA 2K24 is still the biggest sports game, but that’s not a barrier to comparison: the 2K Sports basketball title has played differently in recent years
- Attack On Titan and One Piece will have a special release on the same day and fans are speculating about a possible surprise collaboration
- Thousands of people around the world are taking to the streets for Palestine despite restrictions imposed by some governments
- “This city has the ability to reach into the gut and steal the soul”: An anonymous tipster says he saw the GTA 6 trailer, revealed all the details and dated it
- He is the eternal rival of KOI and Ibai Llanos. League of Legends announces the arrival of Karmine Corp in Europe’s top league after a full year of waiting
- The richest man in the world isn’t so rich anymore, and for one reason: The luxury industry is in decline
- “It’s a terrible change.” A Counter-Strike pro accuses Valve of simplifying the game and calls for a return to the CSGO format
- Timothée Chalamet watched Top Gun: Maverick eight times while filming Dune 2 and got advice from Tom Cruise that changed everything: “It was like a war cry.”
- Beware of booking ads encouraging you to continue booking on Telegram: this is a scam targeting your bank details
- The day when the protagonists of One Piece played a football match against the villains of the series and which Eiichiro Oda did not want to miss
- The first floating solar park in Latin America is in Brazil: It was built on an old mine
- Christopher Nolan breaks records with the $115 million he has already earned for “Oppenheimer” (and this historic number is only going to rise)
Source: Sama Game
I am Stephen Robinson, author at Esports Chimp, where I mostly cover gaming news. I have always been interested in the gaming industry and wanted to find a way to contribute to it. When I discovered Esports Chimp, I saw an opportunity to do just that.