Fix audio problems in League of Legends.
League Of Legends is a legendary online multiplayer video game with tons of great soundtracks. It is one of the most played online battle arena games and it has evolved. Although the game is quite reliable, it has some good problems at times. If you are also facing the same problem, then you have come to the right place. We provide you with a perfect guide to help you solve League of Legends audio problems along with other League of Legends audio problems.
Fix audio issues with League of Legends
If you’re wondering why the contest audio isn’t working, we’ve highlighted some possible causes for you.
Incorrect sound settings: You can adjust the sound settings on your computer and the League of Legends game. Audio may be muted if these two parameters are set incorrectly.
Audio input/output issues: Wearing or removing headphones can cause the audio settings to be set to the wrong output device. That is, the sound is played by a device that is not connected, resulting in sound loss. Changing output settings while playing can disrupt these settings.
Corrupt sound drivers – The sound drivers on your computer may be damaged or corrupted. An update may fix the problem.
Before discussing the methods to solve audio problems in League of Legends, follow these preliminary steps
Restart computer – Sometimes a normal restart can fix crashes and other minor errors while the system is updating.
Disconnect and reconnect your audio device – Several reports suggest that simply disconnecting and reconnecting your audio device to your computer can resolve these issues. Eliminates problems when connecting audio devices.
If you still face the problem after trying the above actions, then proceed with the following methods one by one.
Method 1 – Increase the game volume
Your computer’s sound settings may be configured incorrectly. You can check this by checking the volume mixer and making sure your game’s volume is turned up. Follow these steps to do the same.
1. Right-click the speaker icon in the taskbar.
2. Select Open Volume Mixer.
3. Find the League of Legends game and move the volume slider up.
Note: Also check the volume on your gaming headset. Check if you have a wheel or + – buttons to control the volume. Increase your volume and see if the sound problem is resolved.
Method 2 – Turn on game sound
This problem can occur when the game sound is turned off. Sometimes players turn it off to focus on the game without being distracted. You can enable it by following these steps.
1. Open the League of Legends game and click on the gear icon to go to the settings.
2. Select the Sound option.
3. Turn on the Sound, SFX and Music settings and if any slider is at zero, move it to the right and increase the volume.
4. Click DONE and restart the game.
Method 3: Reactivate playback devices
When headphones, speakers, and other peripherals are connected to your computer, they have a fixed audio channel. Make sure you are connected to the correct audio channel, as using the wrong channel can cause this problem. You can enable or disable the audio channels by following these steps.
1. Right-click the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the taskbar and select Open sound settings.
2. Here, select your output device from the drop-down list.
3. Also select your input device from the drop-down menu.
See if you’re still having issues with the contest audio not working.
Method 4: Configure the speaker settings
(Note: this method can be removed, it is mentioned in different ways in different places, no review is also provided on blogs.)
If you have a Logitech audio device, this method may work for you.
1. Connect your headset to the computer.
2. Click Start, type Control Panel and press Enter.
3. Set View > Category and go to Hardware and Sound Settings.
4. Select Sound Settings.
5. On the Play tab, click the Configure button after selecting your device.
6. Under Speaker Settings, click Next.
7. Uncheck all options under Operational Speakers.
8. Uncheck Front Left and Right under Full Range Speakers.
Check if the League of Legends sound problems are still there.
Method 5 – Update sound drivers
This problem may be related to outdated sound drivers. This can be solved by updating the sound drivers. You can do this by following the guide below, which will show you how to update your audio drivers.
Update Realtek HD audio drivers in Windows 10
Note: Follow the same steps even if you are using controllers other than Realtek HD.
Method 6: Reinstall League of Legends
Game files can get corrupted due to errors and constant use. Corrupt software prevents League of Legends Sound from working. You can fix this by reinstalling League of Legends. Here’s how you can do it, starting with uninstalling the game.
1. Press Windows key, type apps and features and click Open.
2. Search League of Legends in the Search this list field.
3. Then select League of Legends and click on the marked Delete button.
4. Click Delete again to confirm.
5. Restart the computer after uninstalling the game.
6. Next, go to the League of Legends official website and click on the Free Play option.
7. Log in to your account and click on the Download for Windows option.
8. Open the downloaded installation file.
9. Click on the Install option.
10. Wait for the game to install.
Frequently Asked Questions (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1 Is it necessary to have sound in League of Legends?
Answer: Although it can be distracting at times, music is an important part of League of Legends. You can hear an opponent call back, make better use of your abilities, and also hear ability shots hitting your enemy.
V2. Is League of Legends a free game?
Answer: It’s free, but you don’t have full access to the game. To unlock and play new champions, you need to play a lot of games or pay Riot Points, also known as RP. RP is the premium currency of League of Legends.
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to resolve League of Legends audio issues. Please let us know which method worked best for you. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them in the comments section.
Source: Sama Game
I am Stephen Robinson, author at Esports Chimp, where I mostly cover gaming news. I have always been interested in the gaming industry and wanted to find a way to contribute to it. When I discovered Esports Chimp, I saw an opportunity to do just that.