Apex Legends is slowly approaching its second season and the software still has tens of millions of players An “anti-cheat” campaign that resulted in the banning of no fewer than 770,000 cheaters.
But it’s not over yet! Respawn Entertainment is pulling out the heavy artillery again and announcing that it will soon introduce a measure to combat “piggybacking”, the act of doing nothing at all and letting your comrades sleep peacefully in a corner of the map . and waiting to gain experience without agreeing one iota, as the studio describes in a post on Reddit:
Piggyback means that a player separates himself from the other players on the team (parachuting) to get himself into a good position and climb faster without participating in the game (without shooting, without moving , without weapons to grab, etc.).
A deplorable attitude that has not failed to appear on the Internet for several weeks and is therefore being punished. Respawn plans to temporarily, or at least permanently, ban players who are sometimes completely inactive.
We received feedback from players and conducted internal game data surveys to understand how many games played were affected by this behavior.
After reviewing his data and internal discussion, we have decided that in the future we will introduce temporary bans on free riders, which in extreme cases may lead to a ban. Perm. This change is not immediate, but I wanted to give players a heads up so they can change their behavior.
A fairly aggressive measure that we hope will dampen the enthusiasm of these bad players.
Finally, Respawn also said in its post that it is working on the lag and hitbox issues and improving the sound design, especially the sounds of footsteps. Additionally, PS4 players will see a small fix for the issues some players have been experiencing since update 1.08.
Anyone who has spent the last few months in the middle of the desert or at the bottom of a cave in Antarctica should know that Apex Legends is available for PS4, Xbox One and PC.
Respawn (Apex Legends) is harassed and responds immediately
Apex Legends: Respawn wants to become more effective in the fight against cheaters
Apex Legends: Respawn wants 120 fps on PS5 and Xbox Series
Respawn is already working on seasons 5, 6, 7 and 8 of Apex Legends
Respawn Entertainment wants to see Apex Legends on Switch
Apex Legends Codes (November 2022): Earn Free Items and Apex Coins
Respawn (Titanfall) is developing a new single-player FPS set in the Apex universe
Respawn (Apex) is losing its creative director, but not slowing down its projects
Apex Legends gathered 50 million players in a month
Apex Legends: Crossplay, economic model and player base are on the rise
Apex Legends passes the milestone of one million players
EA: 2021 was productive despite Battlefield’s failure thanks to Apex Legends
The Apex Legends update for PS5 and Xbox Series will not be released
Aceus Apex Legends Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts (June 2022)
Apex Legends won’t be offering cross-progression on Switch anytime soon
Apex Legends runs at 720p and 30fps in tethered mode on the Switch
Is Apex Legends offline? This is how you check directly
We have a video of Apex Legends on Switch and it’s not pretty
Apex Legends finally on Switch: release date and bonuses
Apex Legends sets a Steam visitor record
FIFA 16 and MGS V lead digital sales in September
(UPDATE) Halo 5 on PC? A high probability, according to the game master
REVIEW OF Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
The Star Wars: Battlefront beta is taking inventory
Zelda Triforce Heroes: The Why of 3-Player Cooperation
COD Black Ops 3: A trailer for Giant, the bonus map for Zombies mode
LEGO Dimensions TEST
Elements of Crisis Core in Final Fantasy VII Remake?
PS4 sells well in Japan, Xbox One Greatest Hits doesn’t hit the market
Need for Speed rolls in gold
The section: Weather affects gameplay
Moto Racer 4 returns with the first images
The canceled game Darth Maul (Star Wars) back on PS4 and Xbox One?
Batman Arkham Knight returns to PC this week
Information about the story and world of Horizon: Zero Dawn
Persona 4: Dancing All Night REVIEW
After the Vision GT in the GT6, Peugeot handed us the 308 GTi!
Fallout 4: Celebrate the launch with Fallout beer
PGW 2015: Watch the Sony Conference Live on JVL!
This War is Mine begins pre-orders for PS4
Quantum Break: Remedy promises challenge and exploration
Rock Band 4: The 80s takes over the playlist
Details on Darkside, the canceled Santa Monica Studios project?
Uncharted 4 presents its multiplayer during Paris Games Week
Sega is considering releasing Shenmue 1 and 2
PES 2016 receives its first major update
Detroit: Become Human, the new game from Quantic Dream
Gran Turismo Sport for PS4 and VR!
Driveclub Bikes is available on PSN today
- “They laughed at me.” Arnold Schwarzenegger reveals the three reasons why he was told he would fail as an actor in Hollywood
- Where do I start when I read Mario Bros. play?
- The new AMD Threadripper 7000 has one mission: crush competitors with more cores than ever before
- Spider-Man 2 won’t have a New Game+ mode at launch, but Insomniac already knows when it will be available exclusively on PS5
- It only has 5 chapters but has already surpassed Jujutsu Kaisen in popularity and is the second most read manga on Manga Plus. Kagurabachi is the surprise of 2023
- The DS lives on, at least in aesthetics, the battle continues. Nintendo’s legendary laptop finds its “successor” in the Ayaneo Flip DS.
- ASML has just revealed how big a gap the US sanctions against China will leave in its activities
- Podemos and IU call on the PSOE to put pressure on Israel from the government and the EU to stop the attacks on Gaza.
- Epic Games offers us this amazing game with a 30% discount: buy Dead Island 2 at an irresistible price
- The Basque Punta basket is experiencing an unexpected revival in the United States. The reason: Pitbull, betting and TikTok
- Your heating thermostat isn’t for decoration: here’s how to use it intelligently to save energy without freezing
- “It went through my son’s eye.” A Harry Potter wand injures a three-year-old boy and his mother takes him to Warner Bros.
- It’s been sold out for months, but the Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Collector’s Guide has returned and is still available for $34.99
- Will AIs take over triple-A video game development? Two industry heavyweights are clear on this
- “30 Coins” returns more addictive than ever: the epic season 2 of Álex de la Iglesia’s series for HBO turns terror into action and lots of madness
- Europe’s first hydrogen engine believes it has the solution to its poor performance: water injection
- With RTX 4050 and Core i7, for just over 900 euros, this MSI gaming laptop is the best option for games with DLSS 3 in 1080p
- The EU is making things difficult for Elon Musk. This is why he is considering blocking access to Twitter in Europe
- This is how I organized the TV channels, including the DVB-T channels, so as not to miss my favorite programs with Tivify
- Many smart TVs still consume a lot of power even when you turn them off: This is the explanation
Source: Sama Game
I have worked in the news industry for over 7 years. I have written for many different news websites, including Esports Chimp. I mostly cover gaming news, but I also enjoy writing about other topics.
I am a very experienced writer and journalist. I have a vast amount of knowledge about the gaming industry, and I am always up-to-date on the latest news. I am also very passionate about esports, and I love to write about it.